Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time to Roll

Saturday, 8/18, 8:40 a.m.: Time to split for Gilford, NH and the Timberman 70.3 Triathlon! Pretty exciting stuff. Yes, I've taken a bit of a gamble training wise these past 5 weeks, but it was a necessary one. I'd rather go for broke than play it say any day of the week. Afterall, what's the point of stepping into the arena unless you're there to see just how far you can go?

Another one of my favorite T.S. Eliot quotes:

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out just how far they can go."

Words to live by and remember no matter what happens this weekend. I feel good. I'm going for it. Full tilt.

The next 36 hours are going to be very exciting. Sub 4:10 and/or a top 8 overall finish on Sunday means I'm heading to IronMan Florida on 11/3 for my first real Pro race, or it'll be back to the drawing board and another cycle of trying to get it right.

Stay tuned...

Good luck to everyone who'll be racing this weekend!

Janda

No comments: