Friday, August 10, 2007

Nervous!

Less than 48 hours until my 3rd race of the 2007 season. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous. Am I worried about the competition? No... I hope that Sunday's race features some of the top athletes from New England as I welcome the opportunity to race against the fastest short course and Olympic distance athletes in the region.

My nervousness stems from the fact that it's been over 2 months since my last race! Where did the summer go?! I've laid down a ton of hard work this year, and am keeping my fingers crossed that it was all worth it.

So although this Sunday is a tune up for the following weekend (Timberman 70.3), it sure would be a nice confidence boost if all cylinders were firing, and firing fast. The fitness should be there, I just hope that the engine isn't too rusty.

Only 1 way to find out...

No comments: