Friday, August 31, 2007

Changing Gears

Well, it was a great summer.

Time to change gears and get ready to go back to my second job: Teaching. I met with a couple of co-workers this past Wednesday and am pretty excited about the upcoming school year, which will be my last, for at least the next 3 - 5 years anyway.

This year, I'll be in the classroom teaching middle school health and wellness in addition to teaching my senior high and middle school P.E. courses. Although I'm a bit nervous about classroom teaching and all that it entails, the curriculum that I'll be responsible for implementing is definitely interesting. I'm looking forward to teaching the kids the ins and outs of basic anatomy, physiology, and general wellness concepts.

However, it is going to be a very busy year. My next 2 races are right around the corner and I'd like to maintain the momentum that I've built up on the racing front. Once I recover from the Nutmeg State Half Tri on 9/23, I'll have my final big push of the year: A 6 week descending cycle that's designed to peak me out for 70.3 Worlds on 11/10 and hopefully the sub 3:55 performance that I'd like to lay down if conditions allow.

After a hiatus from hard core training for the 3 remaining weeks in November, I'll start laying my Pre-Season "base" in preparation for the 2008 season and my debut on the Pro long course circuit.

Looking forward to 2008, the plan is to attain an early season peak and lay down a big performance at Eagleman 70.3 on June 8th, which happens to be the 2008 US Elite Long Course National Championship. After that, I'm really not sure. A debut at the IronMan distance perhaps, more 70.3 events for sure, we'll see...

So anyway... lots to do. The next 12 months of my life are going to be pretty busy.

No comments: