Friday, June 6, 2008

Pre-Race Reflections

NERVOUS.

This stuff never gets any easier, but then again, despite the stacked international field I'll be facing and the weather forecast that's calling for 95 degree temps and humidity, the challenge that I'm about to face pales in comparison to what thousands faced 64 years ago

I still don't understand why June 6th isn't designated as a national day of remembrance here in this country. I checked CNN.com today and there wasn't even a blurb about the D-Day invasion. It breaks my heart to think that our country's greatest generation, a group of people who sacrificed and endured so much, is slowly being forgotten and taken for granted.

I'll be thinking a lot about June 6th, 1944 when the going gets really tough out there on Sunday (and it will).

Time to roll.

1 comment:

Kevin Reen said...

Well put. Not many do remember the importance of D-day. Great Job at Eagleman.