Friday, July 20, 2007

CRM checks in!

Corey Ricci-Munn, cycling phenom and Craft-USAs marketing genius, checks in and throws down!
Saturday, July 21st, D-Day of sorts. Nervous, you bet. What could I possibly be referring to? A pace ride with the big bro. You may think it’s easy to suck on someone’s wheel for 1.5 hours, averaging 25 mph+, well guess again.

As the emotional support rider hiding 1” of the back of Janda’s Michelin rear tire it’s my job to say nothing and just go along for the ride. But what he doesn’t know is that I’m watching his position, cadence and line. Not that I’m an expert, but I have a unique perspective of things back there and maybe, just maybe, I can shed a little insight on the day after we back off the throttle. In any regard, it’s a win win situation. He gets the support he needs on these important sessions, I get to turn the legs over a bit after a drawn out week.

Well, next week in the hills of western Mass, it will be my turn to issue the 31-year-old a little payback. Problem is he can climb pretty darn well. Looks like I’ll have to start tapering soon!

No comments: