Saturday, June 27, 2009

Gloucester Tri PR

I can't believe the momentum that the Gloucester Tri is building. The event is already close to sold out (St. Peter's Square is going to be bursting at the seams with athletes!) and it seems like everywhere I turn, someone is talking about it. Dawn Guarriello happened to be walking through the Burlington Mall the other day and came across this:

Pretty cool.

Even the Mayor of Gloucester is gearing up for the inaugural event. She's clearly fired up and ready to roll, as evidenced by her most recent column in the Gloucester Daily Times.

Speaking of races, it's time to roll again. I kick my season off with the Cohasset triathlon tomorrow. I have zero expectations as far as racing is concerned right now. My only objective for this year will be to punch my ticket to Hawaii '10, so anything leading up to IMWI is going to be nothing more than a training session. I backed off my IM prep yesterday and today, so I'm hoping that the legs have a little life in them tomorrow as I would prefer to NOT get beaten by the entire elite Jr. field that will be in attendance. I'm sure that the race will seem like an all out anaerobic sufferfest, but it's all good; at least it'll be over quickly :)

1 comment:

jwyman said...

OMG! So much for that! Congratulations on a stellar day! Your fans, J and B
p.s. don't forget to wash off your number :-)