In the mean time, a sample of the critical numbers from this past 4 week block that clearly indicate that it's time to race:
Average Weekly Training Volume:
- 12,500 yards swimming
- 9.5 hours cycling
- 41 miles running
Key Swim Set:
- 25 x 100 @ 1:12 - 1:13 (open turns - still can't do a flip turn!)
- 25 miles on the ECV TT course in 1 hour @ 70.3 goal wattage: 308 avg/311 norm (thank you PowerTap). Not bad considering high state of fatigue.
Key Run Sessions:
- Around the Cape Course, 25k, progressive effort, executed 2 min. faster than fastest performance from 2007. You know you're getting fit when sub 6 min. mile pace for 10+ miles, over hilly terrain, doesn't seem very hard. Must have something to do with...
- Track workouts/economy sets (started inserting into the mix this year): 16 x 1/4 mile float @ 72 on 2 min. I want to get this set down to 20 x 1/4 @ 67 on 1:45 by season's end.
And last but not least....
- 153 lbs. I'm skinny again.
Okay. Time for bed. Big week of business and teaching coming up. 8 weeks to go and then I'm a free man: Completely self employed, able to train like a full time Pro and living the dream!