Friday, June 27, 2008

No Turning Back

Well, it's official: I registered for Ironman Florida today.

I'm ready to take the plunge for a variety of reasons, the biggest of which is the fact that I'll actually have the time and energy to train (like a pro) for an Ironman. In addition, I'm just ready for a new challenge. I love the 70.3 distance, but I'm itching to go longer and try my hand at the IM game.

So why Florida??? Well, despite the fact that it's supposedly a Clearwater-esque draft fest of a race (not that that matters once feet hit the pavement), my past 2 Novembers down in the sunshine state have been pretty successful to say the least, so why not?

In the mean time, gotta put the finishing touches on my RI 70.3 prep and bring my fitness back up to par. It was a long school year and my lack of distance training sessions has left me a bit under powered. Just as well I suppose... lots of distance coming my way over the course of the next 4 months :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

I've been reading your blog since last year when you won the North Shore Tri - I was so impressed that you beat the number 2 finisher by over 10 minutes - and it was a relay team! That was my first year doing triathlons and that was my A race. This year my A race is IMFL, looking forward to you smoking me again! Good luck with the (now full time) training!

JRM said...

Thanks Chris!!!

Wishing you all the best as you prep for IMFL!

Janda