Friday, July 20, 2007

So Much To Do, So Little Time!

Another big weekend coming up! As usual, I'll be glued to my computer for the vast majority of today, continuing to pump out schedule after schedule. My client load seems to be growing exponentially, thanks in large part to the success that everyone is experiencing and the fact that we do things a little differently around here! Although I am in fact running a business, making money has never been my priority; it's simply been an afterthought and byproduct of all that I put into my one man operation. I love my work and place more value in establishing meaningful relationships with my athletes and working hard to ensure that they succeed athletically than worrying about the bottom line. Yes, I stay up too late, stay on the phone too long, and do tend to get a little over zealous when it comes to email correspondence, but working with people on the athletic front is my passion and a dream come true, so it's all good in my book!

My biggest concern these days is the fact that I'm simply pressed for time. It's getting harder and harder to fit everything in on a daily basis. The competitive season is in full swing, my athletes are competing all over the map, and I'm trying to do the same! If things continue to progress at their current rate I just don't see how I'll be able to continue teaching for much longer. Although I have a great time working with the middle and high school age kids on the PE/Health front, my true passion lies in working with athletes. At 31, I know that I have a very long coaching career ahead of me, and my ultimate dream would be to ascend to the "Big Leagues/World Class" ranks as a professional coach and be able to actually accompany my athletes around the globe to events such as the Olympics, the IronMan World Championship, and perhaps even "The Tour."

So back to work I go. Another day of grinding it out and another day closer to my ultimate dream.

No comments: